Silent Hill remixes?

michinoku

I was looking through the site and saw only a few Silent Hill-based remixes - so I posted this to sort of feel out the interest for such a project - I have one or two ideas up my sleeve but neither that I have begun work on yet. The vague idea I have for a theme is some kind of jazzy set of reinterpretations, using jazz in the very loosest sense of the word (including free jazz, electronic-jazz and dark-jazz as well as more traditional styles) to allow for a maximum combination of atmosphere/ambiance/spookiness and the slow but propulsive movement of Yamaoka's melodic writing. (Anybody else see some similarities between the Twin Peaks soundtrack and some of the Silent Hill soundtracks?)

Forgive me if I'm posting this at the wrong forum but since I'm not announcing my intention to start a project (yet!) I figured this was the place to post this. If other people have interest maybe I will consider trying to make a proper project.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...