Remixer name: Polar-

E-mail: ei-skau@online.no

www.pixellife.tk | www.superstudios.tk

REMIX:

Remix info:

Megaman

Elecman stage music

Comments:

The tune started out as a rather straight elecman remix, until he met the hard grooving funkman!

The song was recorded and produced at home using cubase and some external and internal FX/plugins. I play all the instruments and programmed the drums.

As i'm not equally skilled in all the different instruments I fully accept any critisism =)

Cheers, Eivind

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/megaman1.zip - Track 8 (Elecman's Stage)

Noticed Polar's name around VGMix recently. Pretty cool offering. Let's keep it fairly short and sweet. More interpretation on the source material is needed. Desperately.

Cool percussion/beats, but provide more variation. You had some good ideas there beyond 1:45 but never really realized the potential within the rest of the track. Just went back to the plain-jane stuff at 2:42.

1:36 had a nice original breakdown section. Ok, but how about some rearrangement of the Elecman theme now? Weave and integrate the source tune into your own original ideas.

Some realtively minor harmonization ideas for the lead finally arrived at 2:55. Kind of annoying to get some possible arrangement ideas for the end at 3:36. Wasted potential there. Needs more work, Eivind, but I like it so far. See what else you can do to present a more interpretive arrangement.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Very nicely done Evinid. Production and performance of the live instruments is good, especially that hella smooth bass. I do hear the track hiss cutout around 2:39 so don’t forget to fade the live instrument clips to prevent this from being as obvious. Good quality drum samples and although somewhat repetitive, the fluid sequencing has a good groove that allows it not to seem as such. The snare and toms could use some reverb.

The intro is strange. The first e. piano chord at 0:08 isn’t in the same key as the rest of the melody which makes for an awkward entrance of the bass. Change that chord to something more relevant to the rest of the piece and you’ll have a pretty chill intro.

Breakdown at 1:37 is cool but I could have gone for a different lead synth. Something more acoustic (maybe a return of the e. piano from the intro) would have been nice. The transition out of this section at 2:39 is ok but seems too sparse. That bass solo was nice though.

As much as I’m digging the performance and production, the arrangement is where this suffers. The melody is played pretty much straight from the source and the backing groove isn’t expansive enough to give it arrangement cool points. As Larry mentioned, the arrangement picked up towards the end but never really developed much. Where was that flute for the first half of the mix man?

I hear the bass/pad chord mismatch that Jesse mentioned. Bring that bass note up a half step. Done. Not particularly noteworthy really.

Very enjoyable and I’ll be keeping this version but I hope that you can find some time to work on expanding the interpretation of the original and submit a reworked version.

NO (Please Resubmit)

I hear that harmonic discoupling that Vigi hears, though I'm not going to be quite so... ah... sequipedalian with my elucidation of it. Yeah.

That being said, I really enjoy the production values and overall cleanliness (harmonies nothwithstanding) of the piece. But there's a complaint about too many adherence to the source material. I'm wondering if that little superfluous jam session in the middle couldn't serve the song better by doing something with the themes. Also, consider doing something with the melody in other segments to keep it fresh and not so, as we say in the business, rehashed. Oh, and a flute ending? Explain your ass!

NO

-Consider doing *more* with the source material

-variation

-development

-addition

-whatever

-General cleanup with synths