*NO* Final Fantasy 'There's a Town in My Pocket!'

DragonAvenger

Your ReMixer name - Anti-Syne

Your real name - Jack Lewis

Your email address - jack_lewis13@hotmail.com

Your userid - 31863

Name of game arranged - Final Fantasy

Name of arrangement - There's a Town in My Pocket!

Name of individual song arranged - Town Theme

I've had this track kicking around for a while, it was originally intended to be a bit of a fun experiment, but seeing as it was pretty well received in the workshop and I haven't submitted anything for a bit I thought why not?

Everything in this track was made using a Korg Ds-10 (Korgs synthesiser/sequencer on a DS cartridge) and a Korg Monotron (one of these things:

).

Yes this would have been a lot easier to make (not to mention would probably have sounded better) if I had used a full on DAW, but, it was honestly way more fun to make than any of my other submissions so far (making a whole drum machine from scratch using subtractive synthesis was especially enjoyable) and I seriously urge everyone else to use whatever gadgets they have lying around to make a pocket track yourselves.

Enjoy my micro experiment!

Jack

------------

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty cool concept, and definitely a good exercise. The arrangement itself is pretty varied, though it seems to rely a bit much on random synth sound effects. There is some good filtering and panning, as well as rhythmic changeups, but the constant SFX edn up detracting for me.

Production-wise, it's ok, but the balance is really top heavy, with the kick specifically feeling completely clicky and having no beef.

I think this is pretty cool, btu I don't feel it's polished enough for OCR as-is. Sorry. :-(

No

Andrew hit all the good points, the bass isn't really holding it's weight, which is making the track pretty top-heavy, and and drums aren't great either. The arrangement overall is fun, although safe. Nothing wowing me, not that everything should need to.

So things were going about OK until 1:39, and then it just gets weird. It's interesting, but not really something I'd listen to more than once. Especially for over 45 seconds, which in this case works out to be a good portion of this track.

Knowing you did this entirely on a DS is pretty cool, though.

NO

I would be content with this if it had more low end. the bass and the kick are both totally hollow. there's a ton of really creative processing and LFO's on the lead. I loved the soundscape of this overall, and wasn't bothered by all the fx. the arrangement was pretty conservative with the melody, but the backing was pretty dynamic.

loved this mix and will be keeping it on hand, but it needs some low end to get my vote. give it to me.

NO(more bass)