DragonAvenger

Contact Information:

ReMixer Name: The Sap Special

E-Mail: mrspiller88@gmail.com

Submission Information:

Name of Game Arranged: Chrono Trigger

Name of Arrangement: Chrono Trigger Revisited

Name of Individual Song Arranged: Secret of the Forest

Additional Information/ Comments : A Rework of the Guardia Forest theme from the 1995 Super Nintendo Game Chrono Trigger.

Special thanks to FL Studio Direct Wave software and the users of BitTorrent.

----------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPjRTvMAptg

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting start of the track; the string articulations felt rather mechanical, but the gates made it interesting. The idea is cool, but it definitely wears out it's welcome eventually, and the semi-static beat isn't helping things.

Some of the runs were pretty well done, and the idea is cool, but the constant full-track gating is just too much. It's like taking a sandwich and dumping an entire bottle of ketchup over it. The gating works as a condiment, but not as a main dish. Also somewhat strange that the drums cut out early on, never to be heard from again.

I think there is something here, but it needs a good deal of revision and polish.

No, please resubmit

I thought the start of the track was really unique, and quite awesome to listen to. I'm going to fully agree with Andrew on this that you've taken a really cool effect, and used it quite a lot, which diminishes it's awesomeness. I'd like you to treat the effect with some more care to really make it stand out.

Otherwise, again as OA has said, your drums are a bit uninteresting and could be spiced up. Them cutting out is weird as well; a small cut out makes a nice break, but when they don't come back, I'm left wondering about them.

Creative start, but you need to add some more to it.

NO (resubmit)

Gotta agree that the way the gating is used here is pretty bludgeoning. I'd recommend toning it down a little bit and only using on some instruments rather than the whole track (at least, that's what it sounds like you're doing). It's a cool effect but way overused.

I think you have a pretty decent track in here somewhere, but the mixing could use some work and the drums are pretty bland. I also think it could use more variation from the original, though the gating approach itself lends this some rearrangement.

NO (resubmit)