*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 2 'Stormy Night at the Plant'

djpretzel

Email sub file Non-zero - Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Stormy Night at the Plant (Chemical Plant Remix).mp3

Ok, obviously you need an account to listen to MP3s on that site, so I'm attaching it, I hope its ok, if there is any problem with the file or this email, please let me know. here is the info again.

Contact Info:

Remixer name: Non-Zero

Email: nataz76@hotmail.com

URL: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=51267&T=2257

Remix Info:

Name of Game: Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Name of Song: Chemical Plant

Remix name: Non-Zero - Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Stormy Night at the Plant

Link to the Original Soundtrack:

Remix Comments:

"

More or less I wanted to remix this tune for a long time, I used to play the sonic games all the time as a kid, and I was obsessed with the soundtrack of video games.

The Sonic series games were probably some of the very best in written music for the console at the time. Making the coolest tunes and setting the mood with such basic hardware takes a lot of talent, and these Programmers and Composers often go un-noticed, and with these remixes I pay tribute to them.

This Remix was made using Acid 5, Reason 2.0 and my Yamaha CS6R module.

I hope you all like it

"

I've done my best to make this tune out to the standards that you're requesting, I really hope you end up putting it on.

Erik Raymond

AKA Turbo / Lólindir Silimaurë of Hiigarrah and Non-Zero

http://www.zophar.net/gym/sonic2.rar - "Chemical Plant Zone"

This isn't anywhere near acceptable vis-a-vis the standards. The source tune melody was essentially taken verbatim the whole way through, and the synths playing it were basically the same as the original.

Beyond that, there was nothing else alongside the source tune but some drums and quiet strings. The whole "Stormy Night at the Plant" motif only applied to the SFX from the first 60 seconds and nowhere else in the track. 6 minutes for this? Nah, there's just no point dragging it out this long.

No significant creativity in the actual arrangement whatsoever. Not quite an Override-able submission, IMO, but you definitely need to read the standards more closely, bro:

Submission Instructions & Standards]In terms of arrangement - how close or distant ReMixes should be to the original - the general rule is that the ReMix should be YOURS. We don't just mean that you were involved in its creation, but that it is different enough from the original so as to readily illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made. In other words, don't just take the original and drop a few drum loops on top. Also, don't simply take a MIDI file and assign new instruments to the parts, or add reverb, and expect that to pass as 'yours'. When we say 'ReMix', we actually mean something closer to 're-arrangement', if that helps clarify. If you listen to most of the pieces on the site and compare them to the originals, you should get an idea of what a ReMix is.

NO

This is gonna be a NO based on lack of arrangement. Although you can get all kinds of help in the ReMixing and WIP forums I’ll mention here that the levels are not well managed in many sections. In general, the lead synths are too far back in the mix. Because of the overwhelming bass, 2:57-3:10 sounded like I was listening to the mix on a radio station with lots of static. 4:05-5:26 the bass completely drowns out the other much more interesting elements. There are similar problems with 5:26-5:47 except there, the drums do a good portion of the drowning-out. Get a handle on the levels and practice creative arrangement and you’ll turn out much better work.

NO

Way too conservative - Where's the arrangement?

On top of that production is substandard. A fun listen to some extent, but that's mostly because of the source material. Please add your own spin to the mix; change the structure around, play with the melody or harmony (expand it), change the genre, something different. In other words arrange it more. We need to hear your personal style shine through a mix, and judge on creative merits. As there is not much here to judge in those aspects, it's almost a NO Override in my opinion. Keep working at it, and as mentioned above, use our Work In Progress forum before submitting.

NO