Another Hydrocity Mix

Ralphis

Well, I've been inspired over the past few years by some of the great Hydrocity mixes I've heard from

, and, of course, housethegrate's
. I have made a few attempts at arrangements over the years but have felt that I've taken a significant leap recently as far as production values go so I'm deciding to post something for a change.

I've done this almost entirely from memory and started with the B section when putting this together. I also wanted to go for an 80s sound through and through, which has lead to a lot of synth usage throughout thus far. Still a serious work in progress and much is to be done, but I did want to show it off and see if anybody had any input, comments, praise, criticisms, or pure hatred regarding what is done so far!

http://ralphis.unidoom.org/stuff/hydrocity.mp3

I really dig it so far. As far as arrangement goes, maybe you could have it build up or something, because just starting as it does seems awkward to my ears. I like what you've done with the melody, adding little trills and bits of interest like that, good work. The only thing I can gripe about is towards the end, where you start doing slides, maybe you could turn on a delay or something to help smoothen that part out. All and all a fantastic start though!

Also, what synths are you using?