Gravis -- Jazz Piano Solo (upcoming zelda remix??)

ectogemia

I thought I'd try my hand at sequencing an expressive piano solo with detailed humanization. Please forgive the shitty piano sample. I'm poor.

Here it is!

Pretty :D

The final chord just so happened to turn out as the first chord of the Zelda OoT intro. Hmmm....

How does the humanization sound? Is it sufficiently jazzy?

Surprisingly, this didn't take long at all, maybe like 30-45 minutes. Woooooooooooooooooo

This is cool! It definitely sounds jazzy. It reminds of the background music you hear in movies when people are having dinner at a fancy restaurant. =D

However, you could improve this by making it a little less rushed, especially in the beginning. Let your chords resonate a little while before playing the accompanying notes. You should definitely take it a little slower between 0:05 and 0:15. The sample itself is not that bad, but that part makes it sound mechanical. Also, so many quick arpeggios are more of a harp thing. =D

Try making the arpeggios just a little slower and hold the chords down a little longer to make it sound more realistic. I usually mess around with the tempo settings to do that.

Other than that, this was very enjoyable! I really hope you finish it as an original track!

I agree about the chords needing more sustain to add to the humanization. I figured the only way to do that was to automate the tempo, but I was feeling waaaaaaaaay too lazy at the time to try that for the first time :P

I'll give that a shot sometime soon and add some more musaxx to it. Thanks for your feedback!! Glad you liked it!