*NO* Kirby's Dream Land 'Dedede, Old Friend'

DragonAvenger

ReMixer Name: MC Ardle

Email Address: evdog1@live.com.au

User ID: 39153

Name of Game: Kirby' Dream Land

Original Song:

King Dedede's Theme: (I based this off the first and fifth versions)

Bubbly Clouds (but in a minor key)

Green Greens (to finish off the song; also in a minor key)

What if once upon a time, Kirby and Dedede used to be friends? I don't really know the continuity of Kirby well enough to know if this, or something similar, was the case, but I feel this song explores this idea. Most remixes of this song are faster, and are generally in rock or chiptune. I thought I'd take a different stance.

I've seeked moderator help in "Post Your Game ReMixes", and I believe that this is finally ready.

-----------------------

- dedede

- bubbly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17vXBKJbNxc - green

• 4 weeks later...

Right away the textures feel pretty sparse. You've got bass, piano, and violin. Of those the bass is pretty thin as it is, and could stand to be switched out for something a bit beefier. The otherall synths feel somewhat thin, and could use some doubling, or some pads to help fill the overall soundscape better. I also am not feeling some of the attacks, particularly the...guitar playing the countermelody. It feels very mechanical and fake.

Starting around 3:10 through the rest of the track I'm hearing a bit of a background hiss. I'm not sure if it's a synth, but it gets to a point where it's pretty noticeable and a bit distracting. Might be just me, though.

I like the combination of the two themes, although it might be cool if you worked both themes separate more and really showed the connection between the two better.

I like your ending, and I wouldn't fade it out! Let it end on a slightly longer note, but keep it full and strong, IMO.

I'd check our WIP forums to get some more advice, good luck!

NO

The opening piano sounds really exposed and rigidly sequenced, and when the bass comes in, it's pretty thin sounding. The arrangement slowly builds, but the production throughout is muddy and indistinct.

Overall the arrangement is pretty cool, but the production has a lot of work that needs to be done. Reducing the reverb slightly, and getting a more saturated sound from your samples would be a great start, and Deia' suggestion of hitting up the WIP forums is a great plan.

No, please resubmit

yeah, the other j's have hit a lot of the big issues with this. having the piano solo at the beginning really exposes the fakeness of the sound and sequencing right from the start, and the soundscape remains pretty sparse throughout. the arrangement, while a little slow-moving (probably a side-effect of the dull soundscape), was pretty creative, with the writing being fairly conservative yet blending the themes in and out of each other. neat stuff.

anyway, i'm also gonna recommend posting this on the WIP board for additional feedback. there's a lot you can do with this, and it's a popular theme, so opening it up to the workshop might yield some helpful suggestions. :)

NO