Donkey Kong country 2 hornet hole remix

Rindorin

I really like the sharp production values you have on this one, and the style sounds like it could be really cool.

However, when it comes to the source usage, it's close to non-existent for a good chunk of the track (the texture used doesn't sound like the source). When a melody does come out of it (at 1:17), it's off key. The notes should be 5-1-2-3--5-1-2-3--212--7-4... etc., but what you have right now is 7-3-4-5--7-3-4-5--5-3-4--2-7... etc. (That covers 1:17-1:27). Hopefully that's pretty clear.

I hear good things that can come from this, but right now the theme clashes terribly with the texture and bass. All it takes to fix this is to move the melody line down a few steps, though, so I hope to hear it fixed for the next update.

As for any other suggestions, I personally would like to hear a little more connection to the source. The source signature texture was awesome, and while I can see you're giving everyone a glimpse of it in what you have I would like to hear more of it.

I hope that helps a little bit. Good luck with this - it's a favorite tune of mine, so I feel there can't be enough good remixes of it around.

Numbers are scale degrees, when presented like that. It's a very useful way to present things, since one doesn't need to know the specific notes when explaining a track. It's alright, though - here are the specific notes that are in the source.

- Ab - Db - Eb - E - - - Ab - Db - Eb - E - - Eb Db Eb - - - B - Gb - - - A - Db - Eb - E - - - A - Db - Eb - E - - Eb Db Eb - - - E - Gb...

In general, your melodic notes are correct... but transposed to the wrong spot. If you take the entire line and move it so it matches the notes I placed here, it'll work just fine.