Breath Of Fire 3 - Cedar Woods (Deep House/Trance hybrid remix)

Iceferno

Wow, this is beautiful. Soothing and relaxing. Good work.

My main complaint is that the song can get very repetitive. I realize trance tends to contain a lot of repetition, but I think this mix would benefit greatly from some more variety. For example, the drums that play during the main melody could be changed up a bit more. The hi-hats that come in at 2:15 are especially repetitive, definitely add some more variety to those. I also find the cymbals that play during the main melody to be a little boring. Another gripe in terms of repetition is the break that starts at 2:30 and ends at 2:45. Either shorten up the break, or add some more variety to those 15 seconds. The similar break that comes in earlier at around 1:00 works for me because you also had some piano.

A couple of little things jump out at me as well. The cymbal/shake that comes in at 1:23 and leaves at 1:28 is a bit irritating and doesn't seem to fit. I think you use it at other parts during the song, but it sounds strange isolated. My other little issue is with the hi-hits I mention above. I wouldn't mind the repetition so much if they weren't also distracting. Simply lowering their volume should suffice.

Despite my beefs, I really did enjoy this track. Breath of Fire 3 is one of my favorite PS1 RPG's, and I just love the soundtrack, so I was excited to see this remix. Nice job, keep up the good work. :nicework:

Yeah, it does tend to be likened to Chrono Trigger. I'd like to remix some CT someday, but there's already loads out there and I never really got far enough into the game for it to influence me in the way BOF3 (and 4) has. Some of the beginning themes were beautiful though, like when Chrono wakes up (that and Green Memory would be what I remix).

To be honest, Cash and Change, a response to your criticism would be the phrase "it comes with the territory". I know you yourself knows this, but it's more apparent than you might think. Nevertheless, I still put in variety where I could.

To be honest, Cash and Change, a response to your criticism would be the phrase "it comes with the territory". I know you yourself knows this, but it's more apparent than you might think. Nevertheless, I still put in variety where I could.

Yep, that's true. I just think the repetition could be more interesting, mix things up a bit. Since I really don't have much experience remixing, take my criticism as an opinion based mostly on listening. Do with it what you will. I hope my feedback was at least somewhat useful.