*NO* Journey to Silius 'Remembering Silius'

DragonAvenger

Good source to work with. Right away I'm noticing that the bass is really pretty weak, and the whole mix sounds top-heavy as a result. Upping the bass volume is going to help the balance quite a bit. The sounds overall are generally pretty standard. There aren't any bad instruments here for what you're going for, but nothing really stuck out for me, either.

The mix has some cool breakdowns, and I really liked the part at 1:25, but the transition into it is a bit rough and sudden. You go back to the main section a lot, which get's fairly repetitive quickly, and I'd like to hear more variation in that area.

There's definitely a start here, but it needs some work.

NO

It starts out solid with some good energy, but I agree that the bass is really weak in this. The saw sounds good and has a defined soundscape, but a lot of the lead synths are really dry; i recommend adding some delay to them to have them sit a bit better and have a little more interest. The beats are pretty solid, but overall, It gets a bit repetitive, and feels very empty, due to the lack of bass. I'd love to hear a resub. :-)

no, please resubmit

nice source, journey of silius could definitely use some more love. the sounds are pretty generic sounding, and the reverb/delays on your saw can get a little overbearing and bleed together at times. most of your instruments also seem to be sitting center; try panning or automating the chippy arps, or generally just moving stuff around a little to give it all it's own space.

NO