Final Fantasy VI - Aria wo utatte (feat. Shirakane Hiyori as Maria)

Yami

Well guys, it's me again.

Ok, this one's personal. The original piece (Aria de mezzo caraterre) holds a special place in my heart. I swore something to myself, but had to break my promise. I also made a promise to never try and remix this piece of art, yet I broke my promise again, but I really needed an exuse to try out UTAU (:P)

This is not really what I had invisioned when I had the idea, but I still like it somehow... But it's still in a veeery early stage

Anyway, here goes: http://soundcloud.com/yaminokeshin/aria-wo-utatte-feat-shirakane

First off, I don't like the lead synth, it's too distracting and becomes very grating rather quickly. Especially since it repeats over and over again throughout the song without much variety. The lyrics leave much to be desired, they are much too loud and are not interesting at all. They sound too mechanical maybe, sort of fake. This needs a lot of work.

I know the original piece is special to you, so I hope my comments don't strike a nerve. I'm new to remixing, so maybe other people can give more specific suggestions.