*NO* Call of Duty: Black Ops 'Zombie Gang'

DragonAvenger

I really like the idea you have behind this. This could easily make a really cool backing for a hip hop track. Right now though, it feels pretty sparse and repetitive. The piano riff plays pretty much throughout the track unchanged, and is pretty mechanical. I can apply the same to the chords and the beats, overall there just needs to be more variation, and more to fill out the soundscape. Also, when you start using the scratch effects, it feels a little overkill, but that might be my personal opinion.

This is coming across as a harsh vote, but I think there's some real potential here. It also needs a decent amount of work. I'd look at humanizing more, adding more variation overall, and maybe see about finding someone to rap for you.

NO

• 1 month later...

Deia laid down a nice vote here. unfortunately the beginning of the song is exactly the same as the source, but with a lesser-quality sample. :sad: I agree that the song needs a lead or a vocalist or something to give it some drive, it is a bit repetitive as is, and I agree that the glitching was excessive at times, but there were some tasteful moments in there too. I think the song has potential, but even if you glossed up the mix, it still needs some kind of melodic or lead focus. keep at it.

NO(resub)

• 2 weeks later...

Started off very conservative (with a worse sample), and didn't go much further than that, unfortunately. That's the biggest problem: it's too simple and too repetitive. Would have loved to hear a vocal on top of this or some other melodic elements to add some more foreground. The glitching near the middle got way too out-of-hand and wasn't that tasteful. It was used well in a couple of places where it just did some repeats and dropouts, and I suggest keeping it to that.

NO (resub)