Phantom Menace Remix

markhansavon

Hey there,

For if you like Kingdom Hearts music and like Star Wars, I'm posting this here. If it's not technically a remix then lock the topic, but I think it might be...as Star Wars Phantom Menace was technically a video game. x_x

Youtube Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFd3jw0DToI

High Quality MP3:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ygpi1dfbjb66s04

Thanks for listening.

Listening.

Okay cool intro. Cooler build.

Okay... Your flute sticks out kinda like a sore thumb. Maybe some reverb, or just another instrument. The oboe works really well.

The strings aren't very dynamic IMO... they are just too weak.

The guitar starts sounding kind of out of place around the 1 minute mark, and the booms all throughout the song start to get kind of old by 1:30. I think by this time you need some other kind of progression going on... Maybe start layering the oboe w/ low strings, or even have the guitar start picking with it.

See... The impression I am really getting is, some instruments sound fine, and can get away with lower quality, but others, such as the flute, and the strings, sound more fake... So it's all about your ear, gotta mask sample problems, EQ your instruments in ways that make them sound better.

Also the song gets way too repeditive by about the 2 to 3 minute mark... I'd suggest a key change... A cooldown section, stop the drums, let the listener breathe. Do something else, expand on the KH stuff w/out Star Wars. Really... anything here.

I think your low brass section could have come earlier too. Those high dissonant strings near the end are really cool btw... But a bit too late, I think you could have put them in earlier and progressed with them and built into other sections that aren't so "Star Wars".

What I think you need really is less Star Wars in general, albeit I don't really know the KH OST at all, but all I hear is Star Wars Star Wars... Needs to be broken up. Get a bridge section in there.

So anyway, it was pretty cool, I like the idea, I dunno if it could technically be an OCReMix, you'd have to ask a judge/mod I think... But either way, cool idea. Just the implementation needs to be strengthened.

Hope this helps!