------

Name of game(s) arranged - The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time

Name of arrangement - Saria's Rave

Name of individual song(s) arranged - Saria's Song

Original made by Koji Kondo

Link to Original:

-----

Own comments about the track:

I tried to submit a remix of Green Hill zone like two years ago but it wasn't approved so hopefully I might have a chance this time.

About the track itself I'd call it some sort of electronic dubstep techno or something. Dubstep seems very popular these days so perhaps it's the key to success?

I'm honestly kind of proud of this one. It's simply one of those tracks that just came from nowhere and ended up resembling a finished remix.

Please, enjoy it.

//Leolainen

• 2 months later...

definitely some stuff that seems off to me about this one.. bullet-point time go

-it's way overcompressed. causing some distortion and stuff.

-the wobbles get really repetitive. they need to change up more. also, the bass is really present in the mix, but there's not really any sub presence, so it doesn't really feel as low and dirty as it should.

-liked the bass, but the other synths sounded like pretty generic trance-synths. they didn't sound bad per se, but they weren't particularly interesting.

-the overall arrangement is kinda repetitive and doesn't really deviate much from the source, aside from some added arpeggios and flourishes.

hope I don't sound too negative here, but I do think this needs a bit of work to convince me. sounds like you got the chops, you just need to expand your sonic palette a bit and experiment with your compositions a bit more.

NO

ARRANGEMENT / INTERPRETATION

[X] Too conservative - sticks too close to the source, need more variation + original material

PRODUCTION

[X] Too loud

[X] Generic/cliche sound choices - lead synths, plain drums

[X] Overcompressed (pumping/no dynamics)

[X] Harsh treble, main lead synths

[X] Mixing is muddy (e.g. too many sounds in bass, middle or treble)

STRUCTURE

[X] Too repetitive

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THE TRACK

[X] Instrument choices

[X] Source tune choice(s)

Need more variation, dynamics, breakdown(s), fix mixing on harsh leads

NO

There's definitely some promise here, I like the idea you're going for. As the other judges pointed out, in the end it's a pretty repetitive piece, and while there is some change-ups to the melody, it's a relatively conservative piece overall. Adding more of your own material and throwing down some original/breakdown will help break up the repetitiveness of the piece.

Also mentioned was the overall production choices, like the compression needing to come down, and the bass lacking some of the power. I'd also note that along the same lines of the reptitiveness is that the instrumentation stays the same throughout, and it would be great to have some change-ups to add more variety.

It's a solid start, but there's definitely work to be done here. The arrangement needs to be less repetitive, and the production needs some fixing. Hit up our WIP forums to get more feedback and tips on these issues!

NO