*NO* Zelda 2 'I AM ERROR'

OceansAndrew

Here is my first submission to OCRemix in years and years, hope you guys enjoy! This is a collborative track, I have delineated both participants below:

ARTIST INFORMATION

Remixer: Dj CUTMAN

Name: Chris Davidson

Email:

UserID: 32956

Remixer: Spamtron

Name: Guerin McMurry

Email:

UserID: N/A

SUBMISSION INFORMATION

Name of Game: The Legend of Zelda: The Adventure of Link

Name of Arrangement: I Am Error

Name of Individual Song: Palace (aka "Temple")

Composer: Akito Nakatsuka

Comments: I love Zelda II, as a child I approached it with no prejudice, enjoying every minute of bizarre 2D adventuring. The core concept of this remix was to take a timbre close to the original NES and make it bob and weave through organic drum production. This project was unique for me, the leads and basslines were creating by Spamtron using tracker software, exported as stems handed over to me for drum programming and mixing. Spamtron and I have never met in person, this remix was created entirely through the Internet. It was originally intended to be a fun afternoon project but the first track just turned out so darn cool, we took a few weeks and released a free EP aptly titled "Bagu and the Riverman"

.:.

Dj CUTMAN

www.DjCUTMAN.com

www.VideoGameDJ.com

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, cool. I'm pretty impressed with the concept here, the soundscape is dirty and beefy despite the general lack of instrumentation. Sick bassline.

It's a pretty cool listen, but I'm not feeling it as far as OCR's standards go. The arrangement runs pretty long and doesn't really offer very many changeups in tone, texture, or instrumentation. The writing itself on both the melodies and the drums is also pretty static.

The synth arpeggios add some really awesome feel to the leads, but when you take them away the only other melodic writing in the song is pretty much a straight cover of the original without any production/instrumentation upgrades. It's enjoyable by all accounts but I don't think there's enough expansion or variation from the original source to be a pass here. Go and post this publicly and get some exposure for it though!

NO

• 4 weeks later...

Yup, really in straight cover mode here. We're really looking for personalization in the arrangement submissions.

Instrumentation is very cool for the most part. Liked the synth work, especially the bassline. Low end on this is pretty muffled/indistrict, so some mixing/eq cleanup could be called for.

Cool cover though, guys.

No