*NO* Killer Instinct 'Main Theme (Mood Mix)'

Liontamer

Unpredictable

Trey Cowherd

Killer Instinct

Killer Instinct main theme music (Mood Mix)

Killer Instinct man theme music

-------------------------------------------------------------

The track's mixed too loudly, and the high-end is blistering hot. That needs to be fixed first.

The build was, admittedly, a bit plodding, but when things picked up at 1:16 with a more new-agey slant to it with some of the sounds, things were a little more interesting.

There wasn't much going on arrangement-wise beyond using the melody verbatim with changing instrumentation, and then morphing and evolving the sounds around it. That said, what was here sounded valid enough, IMO, as far as an approach to personalizing the arrangement, though I could see how it would set people's alarm bells off.

IMO, the arrangement is headed in the right direction, but there needs to be some more interpretive development of the source, either by more melodic variation or somehow incorporating other sections of the source tune.

Quite an extended dropoff section to close it from 3:18 to 4:13 as the source tune disappeared and various instruments were removed. I know what you're going for with the dropoff, as it's a genre staple, but it's still pretty long for a dropoff given that it's nearly 25% of your entire track length. Cut some of the fat with this dropoff section, fix the levels, and add some new ideas to the meat of the arrangement to provide futher development and finish strong with this.

Good potential here, Trey. See if you can tighten this up.

NO (resubmit)

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the levels are hurting this one. Hearing a lot of either clipping or distortion from pushing things too hard throughout the mix.

Sounds in general were pretty solid. The beat establishes the dance groove and the synths were tastefully processed. I would say the backing sequenced/pluck synth does get quite repetative as it starts at 1:08 and continues with the same pattern until 3:41, which is a really long time. Consider at least one changeup to break the monotony.

Arrangement wise, I agree with LT that this could use both more personalization and source content. Most of the mix, it's the same repeated melody from the original (I guess the pluck synth behind could technically be considered arranging the backing guitar part in the OST).

Good base here but needs some more love.

No, resubmit please

more or less in the same boat as the other gentlemen - it's overmaximized and distorted, which is really hurting the quality of the mix, and the overall arrangement just isn't quite expansive enough for our standards; like Larry said, it's a good approach, but the straightforward nature of the arrangement paired with the repetitiveness brings it down a bit imo. instrumentation was well chosen, and the mixing/processing would probably sound pretty nice if the master wasn't being pushed so hard. take one more run at this one and send it back to us.

NO(resub)