*NO* Professional Ski Simulator 'Winter Breaks'

DragonAvenger

AcidBlock

Tomi Lammi

ztormi@hotmail.com

Arranged game: Professional Ski Simulator

Arrangement name: Pro Ski Simulator ( Winter breaks )

Song arranged: Title Theme ( Subtune 1 )

Original song is from 1987 composed by Steve Barrett for videogame Professional Ski Simulator. Game was released for multiple consoles including Commodore 64, Amiga and Atari ST.

Link to original song: http://files.exotica.org.uk/?file=exotica/media/audio/High_Voltage_Sid_Collection/C64Music/MUSICIANS/B/Barrett_Steve/Professional_Ski_Simulator.sid

Professional Ski Simulator is one of my favourite sidtunes and a great piece of a game too. There wasn't many remixes of this song so I decided to give it a go after quite a long break from remixing and composing. I was trying to capture the tense and epic mood of the original theme and adding my own twist to it. The remix was made with Propellerhead's Reason software.

• 2 months later...

Pretty interesting retro/scene sound to this one, its like what games would have sounded like if the composers had access to better tools, i think. :-)

The arrangement is really rally conservative, however, and for the most part is sounding verbatim. The are some drum fills and little additions, but overall, it is sounding to me much like a nice sounding upgraded cover track. That makes sense to me, since the original was so varied as well, but i'm going to need more personalization before I can sign off on this. I enjoyed the track, but it is too condervative arrangementwise.

no, please resubmit

Really nothing to add to what Andrew already said here. You did a sweet job updating this, and the original soundtrack is pretty sweet to begin with. As it is, though, it's just not personalized enough to really call your own. I look forward to hearing further submissions from you or hopefully you can go back to this one and update it. There's some good stuff here!

NO (resubmit)