Wave Race 64 Theme (Ibiza Chillout Rem... ok 'Config' Reconstruction)

Iceferno

A variation on the main theme. It's derived from the Options Menu version (it's always been a favourite of mine). I've been working on this for a while now and got a little stuck before coming back to it in the beginning of the month. It's similar to the original track "Config", but I decided to unloop it and build a bit around it. Hope you enjoy.

Listen & Download:

I love source. It seems that your version doesn't stray from the original much at all! Is this a midi rip? It sounds so similar apart from the ocean noises. I didn't really dig the introduction - i thought it went on a little too long! The whole track is 6 minutes and it doesn't seem to deviate from the original material much at all. I got bored and skipped through to the other tracks. I'd say you really need to make this your own! Particularly as the style is basically exactly the same :)

I guess the immersion is lost on you. Why does every remix need to be overly-complicated and new? Why not just enjoy the feeling, the atmosphere? I liked the original. The original's only about a minute long so I wanted to extend it in some way. It's not like I always do reconstructions. Sometimes I forget that open-minded people are scarce on here.

Well i didn't suggest it had to be OVERLY-complicated or necessarily new. I only suggested those things because they were what i'd look for in a remix - a reason for it not to be the original. If this is just an extension of the original so that you can enjoy it more then sure, that's fine but i think the appeal may not be as broad as you'd hope it would be. I don't feel like the minor altercations and extension give me enough to want to listen to your version over the original.

Open-minded doesn't mean "likes every idea ever" or "always agree with you" so I wouldn't get so bitter about the fact that i didn't really dig it. I mean, calling it a remix and posting it on OCR forums lead me to expect that this piece wanted to be judged on the same values that most OCR pieces do and those are generally some variation or personal touch which was lacking here.

I can completely understand wanting to immerse yourself in such a great track so i don't want to discourage you but i imagine it would be generally more rewarding to add your own thing to it and you'll likely receive more favorable feedback here too :).

I guess the immersion is lost on you. Why does every remix need to be overly-complicated and new? Why not just enjoy the feeling, the atmosphere? I liked the original. The original's only about a minute long so I wanted to extend it in some way. It's not like I always do reconstructions. Sometimes I forget that open-minded people are scarce on here.

It needs to be a remix, not a cover basicly. Or an arrangment that makes a twist on to the song.

Maybe somthing like

30% original 70% source

I really like this arrangement and it sound great

but it sounds a bit too much like a cover for OCR judges to take this in.

If OCR accepted covers more often (not saying they dont sometimes/rarely), then being posted would be to easy and it would not really show much of the artist's creativity.