Through the Sabers and Busters - Mega Man X Medley

EXshad

Hey guys, how goes it? I'm a new guy here, I've always been a fan of remixes, but I never really started doing it myself until a couple years back, but even then I never had the proper tools to really make solid-sounding, complex remixes like I wanted to. Willrock, a prominent remixer here, helped me along, but only recently have I been able to get knee-deep in remixing. So after some hunting around, I was able to obtain Guitar Rig (free AND legally :wink:), EZ Drummer and the expansion, Drumkit from Hell, and the rest is history.

This song is a medley I made using a mixture of the opening level themes from Mega Man X2, X3, and X4, as well as Zero's theme from X2, mixed in with a certain song from Guitar Hero 3: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/462392

I'd love to get feedback for it, and take ANY and ALL constructive criticism you guys might have so my future remixes can continue to improve.

Also, a little off the topic, I really wanna try and add synths and other songs that can be generated from a keyboard (trumpets, or violins, etc), but I dunno where to start :/ I use Reaper, if that helps.. I think it would add another layer to my sound. if any of you guys know good software that could help me get this sound, and how I can use it in conjunction with Reaper, that'd be a big help!

So anyhow, hope you guys dig it :smile:

HMM GEE WHIZ I WONDER WHAT GUITAR HERO SONG THAT WAS LOL

ahem. Anyways, it was a good fit for this mix, whether or not OCR would care for that being there is debatable. I love the arrangement, I think I'm hearing a lot of crackle. I don't think it's my headphones, I played a couple of other rock tracks to make sure that wasn't the case. It may be Newgrounds or it may in fact be the track itself.

I'm not qualified to give any technical advice, just dropping my one cent. I'll be following this expectantly. Probably too late to get it bundled in with Maverick Rising, huh? Though at this rate it fells like it's becoming the Duke Nukem of OCR.

Thanks for the response :D Yeah, there was a lot of crackle, but that was due to peaking caused by me raising the volume of the drum track above 0.00. I was using EZ drummer, and it's rather quiet, so I upped the volume of the drum track so it would be more audible and back up the heavy guitar and bass parts, but once in a while you can hear some crackling because of it. Though I think I've solved this problem with Drumkit From hell, which is much louder than EZ Drummer by default.

And Maverick Rising? What's that? I'd love to join :)!!

I'd fix it up and try to get it in the project. The technical issues, I maen. Arrangement wise, I don't see a problem for a simplistic medley.

And what I mean by simplistic isn't an insult. Its just that many people usually interwove many sings into one, so they play off each other. Whereas this seems like it skips from song to song.

Again, that's not an insult. I saved it to my HD, after all.