remixer name: Stares From Strangers

user ID: 48314

Submission Info

Name of Game: Godzilla

Name of Arrangement: The Whole World Can Wake Up and Live Again

Name of song arranged: Earth

Original game composer: Miyamo Shant

Original system: Nintendo Entertainment System

Mix Comments: I was looking for a request on the forum that might catch would catch my attention. I saw Godzilla list and remembered I really liked the music for the original game. I decided to give it a shot and am really happy with the results. I aimed for something that was a mix between retro and modern sounding, but never fully either.

Pretty great source choice, nice time changes and a good melody as well.

I don't think the drums really fit that well into the soundscape, but I did find them to be well programmed and interesting overall, but whther it was a sample issue, or a production issue, it's hard to tell, but they felt a little pasted on top. The synths themselves seems a little thin as well, and rhythmically weren't near as interesting as the drums. I also think it ended very abruptly and maybe a little too soon.

I think it has promise, but needs some additional work.

No, please resubmit

• 1 month later...

Interesting submission, very cool source. Not really sure what it's trying to be, as it's all kinda basic synths and then some fairly intricately sequenced real drums. Synths sound very old and on the low quality side, and the soundscape is pretty thin as a result. Need some more layers in there to fill it out or some different elements in there.

I'm not sure it works as a whole due to the contrasting element styles. It's hard to suggest what you would need to do as I'm not sure what direction you were trying to take it in, so sorry I can't be more helpful.

NO

Right off the bat, your synth samples sound really low-quality and generic, this sounds like the kind of thing that would be right at home in an actual retro game soundtrack but here it just wasn't capturing my attention. I feel like your arrangement is competent enough but the sound choices are just too bland for me to feel at all engaged in the remix :\ Sorry.

Other judges have rightly pointed out that your drum writing is pretty interesting and you use a lot of cool fills and techniques to make that part of the song interesting, so props on that. However, the rest of the song is just not grabbing me.

Also, the arrangement is really short and doesn't offer enough room for expansion, and the sound choices kind of stay the same throughout the whole song so there's not much development in that area, either.

Not feeling this submission, but you clearly have some talent so keep trying and experimenting with more unique sound combinations to help take your remixes to the next level.

NO