Advice about this guitar sound

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ryb4k65oxtw1ob

This is untouched by effects but it's actually four guitars. Two panned left and two panned right. All playing the same riff. Without worrying about how I didn't really play the riff in perfect synchronization, I'd just like to know what you think of this general sound as a heavy metal distortion.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

EDIT: OK. No more layers. Just a single guitar. Should have done that from the beginning.

Playing around with eq - for my taste - less around 200 Hz, a tiny bit less around 580 - bump at around 1180 for more pick and a gritty compressor to work out the attack.

If you can alter the amp settings - less mids, a bit more presence and less distorion. The wall of sound comes with stacking - not distortion alone.

A good example here is Nickelback - before anybody yawns - yes they do your moms favourite kitchen tune rock thing nowadays - but still they sound fucking big/dense guitar wise with actually just stacking more crunched then really distorted sounds. I hope you know what I mean. :-?