*NO* Icewind Dale 'Easthaven Almost in Peace'

DragonAvenger

Hello to all the team from OC remix. As a new comer, I am not very familiar with how things go about submissions. However, I read the submission form and provided you with all the information I could provide. I hope this remix will meet your standards for I really would like to privide plenty more of the sort.

Enjoy,

Maël

Your ReMixer name : OZ

Your real name : Mael

Your email address : mael.terol9@orange.fr

Name of game(s) arranged : Icewind Dale

Name of arrangement : Eastheaven almost in peace

Name of individual song(s) arranged : Easthaven in peace

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

I recreated the original tune without any midifile so the overall thing is not so faithful to the original and the purists might yell at me but on the whole I think it works.

----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K7dfP3QlS4

• 1 month later...

The opening had me worried at first, gotta be honest. The samples are not good there, and it was setting itself up for a direct cover. Thankfully things pick up with both better samples and more interpretation. I will say that the main theme lends itself to an electronica style, not something I would have thought about just listening to the source. In terms of the arrangement, I think this gets a little too repetitive to the source without many original sections or breaks. I think there's a lot of expansion you can do here, and I also think you have it in you to do so.

As already mentioned, the opening isn't doing it for me in terms of samples. Either updating that or nixing it would be my suggestion there. The rest of the song is somewhat generic, but by no means is in a spot that it needs to be changed...except that clap (snare?) sample. Whatever's playing opposite the bass is pretty weak sounding. On a similar note, I'd suggest adding some fills and other little interest points in the drums as well.

There's a solid start here, but it needs work. I'd start with the arrangement, making it more interesting and more divergent from the source. Hope to hear this one again!

NO (resubmit)

• 5 weeks later...

I agree the samples in the intro are a bit weak. I hear what you are going for, but it's not quite clicking. The build reight before hard synth version of the theme was also feeling a bit off. I really liked the trance take on the theme, and I think the minor changes were pretty nice. I agree with Deia that the snare is not cutting at all and needs to be stronger sounding. Some of the track is sounding a little muffled as well, and is lacking some shimmer. The hihats are in the right spot frequencywise, but they are a bit lonely in the 5k+ range.

Overall i think it's an excellent start, with a great style, it just needs polish.

No, please resubmit!

Deia laid down a solid vote on this one. definitely wasn't expecting it to break into electronica when the intro started, but I liked the song a lot better when it did. ;P as the other J's mentioned, brass sample at the beginning is super weak sounding, and while I thought the trance instrumentation was all pretty finely executed, the overall piece could just use a little more TLC, particularly spicing up the arrangement a bit more, and maybe layering in another layer or two of sounds as things sound a bit sparse at times, especially since there's not really a strong melodic presence, it's mostly just progression.

gotta go with a resub on this one for now, but I hope we hear more from you!

NO(resub)