The Legend of Pumpkin King - The Beginning of a Great Journey

I completed this orchestral composition yesterday, and thought I'd share it with this community since it takes inspiration from game compositions (film scores, too). I think people would like it. :)

Anyways, this is the first part of however many compositions I get to do. I've always wanted to create an epic and this is a start. It is about a journey based off my alias, Pumpkin King. Now, it was composed with vocals and narration in mind... I actually recorded some initially, but I can't sing. Haha. And neither can my roommates here. I could find someone, but I'd rather keep it without vocals. Maybe one day...

I'd suggest taking a listen on my youtube page, since my friend provided awesome artwork. 8-)

Youtube (with artwork):

Soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/pumpkin-king/the-beginning-of-a-great-journey

• 2 weeks later...

That is just plain dope, man. Good instrumentation, emotional progression, decent dynamics; I was into it. It had a kind of robust quaintness about it, like coming upon a medieval hamlet for the first time before embarking on a heroic journey.

This is great man! Reminds me of PSX music <3

What sound libraries are you using?

EDIT: The snare and some of the string work don't exactly sound human, but that's one of the selling points for me, since it sounds SO much like something straight out of Final Fantasy Tactics or something. LOVE that synth entrance (hello, Jazz Jackrabbit)

I used Garageband and its orchestral jam packs. There are limitations for sure, but I do try my best to make the most of the sounds. I actually like the synthetic sound of the strings. But still one day I'd love for it to be played by a live orchestra. That'd be really cool.

Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's one of my favorite things that I've done.