Final Fantasy 6 - The Face of Imperialism

FM

I suppose it depends on what you mean by almost identical.. while I kept very close to the spirit of the original piece, the only thing unchanged was the first bar (and even then the orchestration is different.) Granted many of the changes are subtle, but that's how I tend to like it. If anyone familiar with the original tune is interested in listening specifically for the changes I made, pay close attention to things like: the instrumentation, registration, rhythm, counterpoint, harmony, repetitions, layering, phrasing, and voicing.

Granted I understand OCR in general tends to favor much more obvious changes, but it's a matter of taste I guess..

Almost identical was a bit of an exaggeration, sorry :razz:

What I meant was that there are no alterations to the style and most of the melodies of the original song. Like I said, the orchestation is quite nice, and you create some subtle interesting moments and harmonies with some instruments, but the core of the arrangement is still very similar to the source. That's what I tried to say in my first comment.

The last minute has the most notorious innovations, which is why I highlighted it in my first post.