Tales of the Abyss - orchestration of the Royal City of Light

dummy

I don't tend to post on here that frequently as I normally stick to YouTube, but I worked on a remix of Royal City of Light from Tales of the Abyss last night and thought I might share while reading the forums. You can find it on

or SoundCloud.

I half-and-half'd, starting off by staying close to the original, but freestyling quite a bit along the way. Descriptions on the sites contain some details as to the software/libraries used. Overall it's such a great soundtrack and piece that I didn't want to stray too far. The original piece can be found

I consider it finished, but I'm always trying to improve each orchestration so any criticism/comments/opinions welcome (especially if bits don't sound realistic, or plain wrong. One that I can think of is the bass choir sounding a bit too close compared to the rest of the orchestra - it's like he snuck in and sat down with the violas, and HollyWoodwinds is a bit overused).