Tales of Symphonia's Search a Seal ReMix

ad.mixx

That's a very interesting source you have there... I like it! :-) I've always liked softer songs and this one certainly delivers in that aspect. I really like the combination of a piano, sine/triangle lead, and ambiance pad. In fact, this sounds like an instrument combination that I would like to try eventually.

The pad is by far the my favorite part of the arrangement. It may seem rather simple, but having it there gives a wonderful sense of atmosphere. There is only one suggestion that I would make right now. The anvil-like percussion instrument that comes in at 1:14 is slightly distracting. I don't think it's taking away from the mix, but it might be a good idea to bring the volume down slightly for it.

I've hear a couple of your songs now from the Sonic Zone Remix Competition, and I must say I haven't heard a style quite like yours before. It's very interesting and I like how you focus more on the atmosphere of the mix. I like the direction you're going with this, and I can't wait to hear more of it!

I did tone down that bell a bit.. but I swear the weirdest thing happened.

I was working on the song, and for some odd reason, all my effects and plugins were just deleted. What the heck?

It happened while I was exporting the song.. all the drums are still there since they're FL Studio drums -- but the compression, reverb, soundfons, vsts. Everything just disappeared.

I don't know what the heck happened, but I didn't have any other backups so I think this project just got screwed over majorly. Which really sucks since it was such a drum experimental track for me. dangit.

I'll probably restart it at some point... but it's going to suck trying to get that initial sound back in. Jeeze.

I'll keep all I have up as reference though. (It was updated a little bit I believe).

Nice source ;0

My biggest problem is things like bad notes. Some things seem kind of off w/ your note choices.

It might be because you don't carry through w/ the resolve at around around :26, as it does in the original. (The lowest notes in the pads should be played a step down) ((you might be doing that, but if you are, raise the volume on that note a lot, it needs to be more prominent))

There's also seemingly a wrong note on the harp progression... I counted... the 14th note in. Pretty sure it happens again on the second harp phrase as well.

When you bring your metroidy lead in, you have a lot of note dissonance on your second chord... The note the lead plays there is competing w/ the chord you use in the pads... I would consider which one you want the song to follow and make sure they are both following the same chord structure. Clashes like this can really rub the wrong way.

Other than that, good luck and I wanna see how this turns out.