Dojo’s Master Battle Remix - Paper Mario 64

This remix is for the "Flate Notes" - Paper Mario 64 Remix Project... sorry guys, but at the request of the director of the album I can no longer update my WIP thereads for the reason that the songs of the album should be secret to the public before the release of the album (of course) will have to wait for the end of the prijeto . sorry all.

Source:

It sounds good! A nice departure from the original material.

A few tips:

1. The "whining" instrument playing the lead melody should be louder, "closer to the front." Whenever it plays it's as if the accompaniment steals the show.

2. To what extent have you EQ'd the track? It feels as though the bass and the kick are fighting for a frequency range. Maybe pan the drums a bit away from the bass or EQ them independently of each other in their appropriate ranges.

3. It's a pretty nice sound overall, but it needs some more UMF. Drum fills, harmonies, or some rhythmic variation to the melody will help develop that. A good place for a nice strong fill in this would be right before that "whining" instrument comes in. And for harmony, why not have the piano and the "whining" instrument play the main melody at the end of the song? That may also provide you with some new momentum the end the piece.

Also on the harmony, don't think you need to do 5ths, 3rds, etc...an octave "harmony" may be all you need!

I hope this helps! :-D

Thank you! I think what you said makes sense, I try to apply your tips, but I prefer to keep the 5ths notes to give an oriental touch.

No problem!

Ah, of course. That makes perfect sense! Shame on myself for not realizing that there were parallel 5ths going on :x

• 2 weeks later...

Now the 3rd review of the remix with some improvments:

I improve the vol levels to give a better EQ, added some variation to the chords, change the drums "samplers", added a litle of variation to it too (nothing much significant), and extended a litle (only 22 secs ( >_<) ).

This version don't contains all that I wanted to put in comparation with the last version, and have to follow the tip of the Wesl guy there yet ( ^_^), but a think that's already taking long to post a new version.

I think the corrent progress of this music is 60%, to next version I intend to apply the Wesl guy tips more effectively, add some "Game SFXs", make the "Sitar" from the beguin more present.

From now on I'll keep the thow last version avaliable for you can compare the progress.

sorry guys, but at the request of the director of the album I can no longer update my WIP thereads for the reason that the songs of the album should be secret to the public before the release of the album (of course) will have to wait for the end of the prijeto . sorry all.