The Sonar 8 Disc

The Legendary Zoltan

AAAAARRRRGHH! I've just scoured my somewhat small apartment and can't find the Sonar box any where!

I have the instruction manual and nothing else. That means I can't install Sonar on a new computer, doesn't it? That means I no longer have a CD key, doesn't it? Is it possible that I got a downloaded version? I can't upgrade without that key can I?

Does anyone know of something I can do to avoid having to buy the entire program from scratch? I can't afford to RE-buy software that costs freaking $37,000.

:) As you can see. I'm totally upset and panicking about this. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

$37,000??

What version of Sonar did you get?!

Losing your DAW key doesn't mean you have to buy everything over again. Cakewalk has pretty decent customer support. Explain what happened and they may be able to replace what was lossed. You remember the information you used to activate Sonar right?

At most you'll have to spend $500 on a new DAW. Sonar 8 is getting tougher to find due to X1 being out. I'm planning on upgrading to X1 when i upgrade the rest of my studio pc. (Unless protools wins me over, which it might)

$37,000 was just me exaggerating because I'm trying to upgrade my computer, get the best orchestral samples, AND buy a midi keyboard all at the same time to start a career as a composer.

Anyway, I sent a message to Cakewalk, hopefully they'll have some way of helping me out. But last time I tried to get 8.5 they didn't help me. Apparently only U.S. residents can upgrade from 8 to 8.5. That was cold!