"The Sword on Fire" An Original by Nachoswolf

Nachoswolf

I'll not categorize myself as professional, nor amateur but more a late stage of beginner. This song is a big step for me and a small step for mankind as I feel my works get more living every time, and thing such as composition and quality has improved greatly since my last piece. The theme for the song is for me, hard to tell, but I get this epic feeling when I listen to it so I know I'm at least doing something right. But enough blabbering, feel free to listen, comment, share and like my piece:

Edit: Wrote 'ass' instead of 'as', my bad :P

Greeting from the north.

- Nachoswolf

Hey this is pretty cool :D

The piano sounds pretty mechanical, some of it's the sample/dryness of processing, some is the lack of velocity modulation.

I hear that "FL Studio Hit 5" in there too :P may wanna process it more, or stack other samples on top, etc. Just whatever it takes to make it less identifiable.

Chimes are a sweet idea, but they're when they're holding a more melodic line, it's usually a better idea to have them more in the back of the soundscape, with reverb and additional processing where necessary.

This has huge potential for lots of things; first, I'd love to see a humongous climax. I'm a big whore for that kind of thing, and it would give the composition more direction too. There's also room for lots of cinematic textures. If you're unsure of what I'm talking about, look up the Evolve Mutations sound packs from Native-Instruments and check out the demo tracks to get some inspiration.

Not a bad start, keep it coming ;)

pH