Phoenix Wright - Maya

Spi.der.men

Better than what I could do in my first few months of mixing. xD

Right now, the snare and kick are getting buried under the bass and the hi hats. In fact, the snare and kick are probably suffering from too little of the dry signal in the reverb you have going on with the drums. Try to fix the clarity issue there. ;)

Aside from that, the arrangement feels like a direct MIDI remix to me. Nice sound, though.

Better than what I could do in my first few months of mixing. xD

Right now, the snare and kick are getting buried under the bass and the hi hats. In fact, the snare and kick are probably suffering from too little of the dry signal in the reverb you have going on with the drums. Try to fix the clarity issue there. ;)

Aside from that, the arrangement feels like a direct MIDI remix to me. Nice sound, though.

Yes! I'm trying really hard to get a good mix between the drums and the bass. It's hardest part for me. I played with arranging different parts of the song so they would flow more like an actual "song", but in the end I preferred it as a direct midi. Haha.

Yes! I'm trying really hard to get a good mix between the drums and the bass. It's hardest part for me. I played with arranging different parts of the song so they would flow more like an actual "song", but in the end I preferred it as a direct midi. Haha.

Yeah, sometimes there are songs that work better in a similar arrangement to the original. I prefer to remix something with room for reinterpretation. You can always change up the atmosphere of the track in certain sections. Maybe have a no percussion piano breakdown, or maybe create your own variations to the melody and branch off from there. I find it better to analyze the chord progression of the original, modify the rhythm of that (or even add chords in between!), and when you think it sounds cool, fit the melody to that chord progression by changing the rhythm and/or spreading it out to span the chord progression. :).