F-Zero "Silence" Remix

Skolar

Still working on improving my digital saxophone-ing. I figured I'd take a break from making jazz/orchestral renditions of songs from a game where you go fast, and make a jazz/orchestral rendition of a song from another game where you go fast. :roll:

Here's a remix of "Silence" from F-Zero, on Soundcloud

And if you're not sure what silence sounds like here's the (fantastic) original

I'm always just experimenting at this point, so don't hold back with the criticism.

• 2 weeks later...

-I like the slow and relaxed groove at the beginning.

Sometimes it gets a little bit messy when the sax,trumpets and accordion play at the same time.

-There is a bit too much reverb on the sax for my taste.

-The tempo change at 00:29 is a cool idea, but In my opinion it comes way too early.

You might give the arrangement more time to develop.

-I think those transitions at 0:51 and 1:37 need some work. They're kinda exposed and seem to be in a different (slower) tempo than the other parts.

-The drums in general are a bit quiet and they could use more variation.

-Nice interplay between the sax and the accordion towards the end.

-I find the bass a tad too loud.

-To improve your soloing skills, i would recommend that you listen to some jazz saxophonists, if you haven‘t already.

Keep it up and have fun :smile:

Thank you, those are very good points. Now that I've had some time away from this one I can see exactly what you mean on all of them.

I think I tried too many different things at once without committing fully enough on them. I'll keep working on it. Great-sounding saxophone is probably not something I should be obliging myself to achieve with my current skills. :lol: