Christmas on Yoshi's Island (Ending, Introduction)

pokemoneinstein

https://www.box.com/s/h0pczjt9mixcydlhahw8

So I've got this piece and I don't know where to go with it. There are some parts that I've moved on from that sound unfinished (the piano interlude in particular bugs me) with which I just can't seem to figure out what's wrong. And I also feel like the drive is lost in the song. The beginning is so different from the end.

Beyond that, I just don't know where to go after this. The mix is undoubtedly too short, and I want to revisit the ending theme again, but I just can't think of a nice way to keep the song going. Any and all thoughts are appreciated, either for extending the mix, or improving what's already made.

The harp at 0:15 seems to be out of sync with the rest of the instruments. You should quantize that.

At 0:35, there's that piano. Hm, maybe you should add a lower octave part to it. It seems too bare with just a high end piano. You might also want to touch up the sequencing a bit if it isn't live or live MIDI.

At the end, try changing the final notes to signal that there's more coming up. Right now it sounds like an ending.