User ID - 48778

Submission Information:

Metroid

"Metroid has a Gun on His Arm"

Metroid - Title Theme

Composer - Hirokazu Tanaka

Nintendo Entertainment System

Original Theme -

This is a fun, techno/dance remix that I produced for one of my favorite game series.

I made this remix with FL Studio 9 XXL Producer Edition and a MicroKorg.

Enjoy!

I can't begin to list all the things wrong with the title of this track.

Anyway, this track is very lo-fi, which is cool in small doses, but over the course of this track I admit it gets a bit tiresome. The kick needs more punch, the bass needs more beef. The snare is also really weak. For this genre the drums and mixing in general are really important, and this track is just lacking in energy.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Love the chiptune approach, very 9-bit. ;) I think there are a lot of thing you're doing wright with this track, and some not so much. The track has an excellent groove but as big mentioned the drums are a bit weakly mixed, needs a little more snap. Also regarding some of those long notes on your chip leads- they can start sounding pretty monotonous pretty fast- chiptunes thrive on variation, so maybe tweaking the ASDR envelope on certain notes, adding some automation or even just some light side chaining can really give some more life to those longer notes and get them not sounding so much like a flatline. ;)

Digging the track a lot in a vacuum, but the mixing needs a lil more work before I can slap my stamp of approval on it. Really hoping to hear a resub of this if it doesn't pass this time around. :)

NO(resub)

I gotta agree with the bros here that the snare definitely lacks a solid crack, and feels very weak. I think it starts out well enough, but there is a bit of high end noise in the first half of the track that is pretty distracting. Some of the synths chosen reaaaly need some modulation as well. Easing up on some compression will help too.

Overall it's got a great start but needs a bit of polish to make it over the bar. I'd love to hear this resubbed.

No, please resubmit