FF9 - Steiner's Theme

ZhayTee

eh, its ok. Kinda glad that someone else will be redoing it for the ff9 project tbh.

Good point. It just seems strange to withdraw the song from the album with no explanation, only to post it on OCR anyway, originally in the album thread no less. But hey, if it means we get to hear another good Steiner remix, all the better. :)

eh, its ok. Kinda glad that someone else will be redoing it for the ff9 project tbh.

I agree! While the mix has promise (I wouldn't quite call it finished just yet...) it felt totally out of place as a remix of Steiner's Theme and I am somewhat relieved that there will be a new one coming in.

Dubstep is cool, but if you don't have the levels right, it just falls flat on its face. You've got the bass real high, and during that section the drums are practically a whisper under that bass. They should be hard hitting during that. There should also be a LOT more elements during those sections, instead of just the overpowering bass + the kick and snare/hat.

It feels like this could be fleshed out a LOT, as it stands it seems more like an unfinished work than something that is "intentionally minimalistic". Don't give up on it just yet!

Also the voice at the beginning and in other parts of the song.. could be lowered. A lot. Maybe to the point of being muted. ;-)

I agree! While the mix has promise (I wouldn't quite call it finished just yet...) it felt totally out of place as a remix of Steiner's Theme and I am somewhat relieved that there will be a new one coming in.

Dubstep is cool, but if you don't have the levels right, it just falls flat on its face. You've got the bass real high, and during that section the drums are practically a whisper under that bass. They should be hard hitting during that. There should also be a LOT more elements during those sections, instead of just the overpowering bass + the kick and snare/hat.

It feels like this could be fleshed out a LOT, as it stands it seems more like an unfinished work than something that is "intentionally minimalistic". Don't give up on it just yet!

Also the voice at the beginning and in other parts of the song.. could be lowered. A lot. Maybe to the point of being muted. ;-)

Pretty much this, I'm no composer so it was really hard to articulate what I thought about the song. But I think with some more refining it'll be cool...and yea...didn't really think that voice in the beginning fit.