*NO* Street Fighter 2 'Rising Like a Dragon'

Liontamer

Hi,

i hope to have entered all the necessary informations.

Contact Information

ReMixer name : Clicloc

Email address :

Userid: 50558

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged : Street Fighter II: The World Warrior - "Ken Stage"

Name of arrangement: Rising like a dragon

Name of individual song(s) arranged : 1

Comments

Hi everyone,

My name is Marco and I am an Italian boy who likes music and video games of course.

It 'a long time that I wanted to compose an arrangement of Ken's stage. About 10 years ago on my old and beloved Roland XP-50 was not able to finish it maybe because in some cases to work on that workstation was frustrating for me. Now, after many years, also because i'm working with a friend on our Italian website, i have completed this remix in hopes of making many others.

Ken is often identified with the image of a dragon intent to fly the stars and in the music theme, in my opinion, is one that provides more energy than others, here explain the reason why i called this remix "Rising like a Dragon".

I hope that this rearrangement will like it and if you want, even to give me advice or criticism, write me a comment.

See you soon.

Waiting for your decision, greetings,

Marco

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

The mixing was very muddy so the instruments were bleeding together too much. Also, the string & organ timing were mechanical, the lead at :40 was flat, and the cymbals were way too high on the treble. The backing groove at :28, particularly the bassline, was bland and repetitive, and it didn't lend the momentum to the track that was intended.

It's not a horrible arrangement concept, but the instruments here don't click, the beats felt like they were on auto-pilot too much, and the production lacked refinement. Definitely see what else you can do to improve this piece with some help and feedback from the Workshop forums.

NO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...