Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest

Hello, awesome name by the way.

The arrangement is nice sounding, but right from the start the piano sounds a little on the muddy side. The piano and even the instruments surrounding the arrangement sound as if they could be from the Super Nintendo game. The bass is maybe a little too loud, especially when the bass drum comes in. Also, your arrangement could have a little bit of improvisation, some of your own feel to it. Instead of going straight with the source, try to mix your own ideas into the arrangement. Experiment with the source and try to put some aspects in the arrangement you would approve. With OCRemix, your own ideas is what will make your remix stand out from everyone else's.

Keep working with it and remember you do not have to stay strictly with the source. Do something experimental if you want.

Thanks for sharing, this is some nice piano playing.

• 1 month later...

I agree on the piano and I also have to say that the bass can be really overbearing at times and the tambourine is obnoxiously loud. It practically makes me jump every time I hear it. I also agree that you should put a little more "you" in the song.

being from a classically trained/hardcore rock background, it took me a long time to wrap my head around the remix concept, I just didn't interact with many electronic musicians.

I really like the tone clusters you played from the original halfway through the piece, your piano's tone was a little harsh on them, but they were played very delicately.

The piano's right hand sounds okay to me at the moment, though the left sounds like it's been boosted a lot. Don't really like the sound of it so much and there seems to be a lot of background noise coming through with it.

I like the use of a clock for the snare drum. If you want this piece to be a replication of the original I feel you could do with an airy pad or some strings introduced around the same time as the drums.

Not bad. I'm a big fan of the original song though so I'd probably be a lot more impressed if there was a bit more of your own flair added to the song like others have suggested.