Donkey Kong Country 3 Water World - Murky Waters

https://soundcloud.com/dsjmusic/donkey-kong-country-3-water

I made this account a VERY, VERY long time ago and I don't honestly remembe the last time I ever logged in. It was a dream of mine when I was really young to have a remix on here. I remember posting some crappy mixes here before and finally getting someone to tell me real criticism. I think it was.. Zircon or something like that (if you're still around, thanks a lot man, you really changed my musical course for the better)

After many years are perfect my art and being told to work on originals to come up with a style I was able to come up with this gem. It's not the greatest but I wish to someday remix EVERY song from all 3 of the DKC series. Those games really did it for me as far as making me want to make music.

Anyways enough with the corny-talk. I am finished with this and don't plan on doing anything more with it. It's a horror-themed remix because well, the song used to scare me shitless as a child. It was heavily inspired by the amount of Slender games I have played and also recently being shown Silent Hill (thanks to my girlfriend for this, I can't believe I missed out on this all my life ;o) I know there's some parts that may be loud (rip headphone users :x unless you turn it down) but, yeah. I'd like to have made this scarier but I really don't do stuff like this much. It felt good to... branch out and stretch my legs honestly!

SO ANYWAYS HERE YOU GO. ENJOY. Thanks for being the best community I have ever been around my whole life! <3

You're name looks familiar... maybe I'm thinking of gogotails22122.

Nice mix, nice production. Simple, atmospheric, droney, although to me it does come off too simple and straight forward. There isn't a whole lot of nitty gritty work going on and relies heavily on the pads and atmosphere. I agree with tim222, transitions and various change ups would help to make it more interesting. I'm familiar with the original tune but not enough to really compare it with this.

Good effort, well done.

To be quite honest, your name looks a tad familiar too... Can't really put my finger on it haha.

Well thank you for for that! Gives me good direction on what I need to work on, so far it's just transitions, so I will definitely be trying to put more focus on transitioning things on future productions! Appreciate it man!