Bathing in Space Water ("Water World" from Super Mario 64)

Here's my most recent attempt at making a decent remix !

It's a remix of

, from Super Mario 64.

> https://www.box.com/s/mdodj98u08bczbhqfkro

Since my orchestral soundfonts are, sadly, not realistic enough, I tried to do something more synthetic instead.

It's still in it's "early developement" stage though, so it's quite short, clearly unfinished and, I think, feels a little rushed at times.

Some feedback would be most welcomed !

EDIT :

> v2 : https://www.box.com/s/v6ohoba0uqmikjdt5vec

Edited by Quart de Carton

Some feedback would be most welcomed !
It's still in it's "early developement" stage though, so it's quite short, clearly unfinished and, I think, feels a little rushed at times.

You pretty much summed up anything I have to offer.

It's really too straight forward, simple and repetitive. Try adding complex pads, attenuating volumes on pads, swells, changing up how you transition from one bar to the next, cutting down the intro so you have less filler, throw effects all over the place.

I kind of like this. My biggest beef is the lack of source. There isn't much that really resembles the source until a minute in and then not a significant resemblance until around 1:18 though I'm a fan of the more liberal arrangements and since this is clearly unfinished, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

That synth that comes in at 0:55 doesn't really feel like it fits to me. It doesn't really gel with the rest of the soundscape you've got going on to my ears. Other than that, I'd say it sounds like you're maxing out the sound and your brick wall limiter is making the would-be loud parts quieter than the rest of the mix. Some compression or level adjustments might help with that.

Definitely an interesting concept. Can't wait to hear it finished :)