Tsugunai Atonement - The Eyes of Despair (June 2013 DoD entry)

Long time since I've posted something here... here it goes :D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93696675/despair.mp3

This was made for last month's DoD, ended up 6th which was pretty great considering that almost every song was damn awesome.

The source is called "Battle with the Devil", from the game Tsugunai: Atonement, composed by Yasunori Mitsuda:

I plan to submit this to OCR, and I'd like to get some feedback.

Just for the record, I'll just say straight away that I know the lead is sloppy and I plan to re-record it, so no need to point that out :)

one of my favorite soundtracks...

i think the drum part could be different to really bring out the excitement in the track. it seems a bit too laid back and behind the beat for a battle song. i'm thinking a more straight rock or punk rock feel on the drums would suit the track better.

also maybe a little eq on the bottom end of your kick to give it a little more thud.

maybe turn the non guitar synthy elements down. (that's just my taste though. i like keyboards in my rock, i just like them behind the guitars)

there doesn't seem to be an ending. i think another measure where you chug it out and have them drums match the chug riff and it's like, duga du ga, duga du ga or whatever, could be a suitable ending. maybe with the lead repeating them beginning of the main melody motif one more time, then going up to the I note at the end.

I like it, i just think it needs more work

Edit: also the clangy ass bells at the beginning made me turn the speakers down for the 2nd time. bring those suckas down like 6 dbs please