Tempo slowdowns?

(In FL Studio.)

I know how to do them, but they're way harder to make work smoothly than tempo speedups, IMO.

Something I've tried, which worked circumstantially, was a retrigger slowdown glitch effect that lines up perfectly to the spot the tempo levels out, but as I just said, it was a circumstantial choice. Any other good ways, aside from a really gradual one? :D

(In FL Studio.)

I know how to do them, but they're way harder to make work smoothly than tempo speedups, IMO.

Something I've tried, which worked circumstantially, was a retrigger slowdown glitch effect that lines up perfectly to the spot the tempo levels out, but as I just said, it was a circumstantial choice. Any other good ways, aside from a really gradual one? :D

Hold the tonic chord for a couple of bars. Two will usually suffice if the tempo change isn't super drastic. If the change is drastic, hold the chord for more bars and adjust accordingly. Or, still use two bars but make multiple tempo changes within the second bar.

So if you've cadenced nicely and you're back at "home" and your tempo when you hit home is 120, on the second measure when you're still sustaining that chord, shift down to 100 bpm.

That is one method.

EDIT: Of course, this method means you pretty much want resolution on everything before you change the tempo.

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw