Alundra - The Use of Meia (Mystic Ascension Mix)

The panning in the intro is terrible. Everything is hard panned to one side. The elements need to be a balanced out.

I like the general feel of the track, very promising! Lead guitar is a good choice.

1:53 the distorted supporting element needs less distortion. It's too grating and is taking attention away from better elements.

Kick and snare samples need to be changed. They are very weak in character and are buried in the track.

YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED A VARIS

I updated the mix, same link if you want to check it out.

So great call on the panning. There were two issues, 1) I am a great big eejit and had the harp panned hard left along with the hi strings 2) I am a great big eejit and exported the harp and oboe from stereo to mono which really messed up the sound. So I fixed that

I personally like the drum samples and the guitar distortion, however I did add additional processing to the drums (mostly eq) to get more power and punch, as well as some more eq and processing on the guitar. I was trying to get the "Snap" I hear in all the pro records on the snare. It's seemingly impossible, but I eq'd the shit out of it and it sounds pretty good to me considering I am a newb

Thanks for listening!

There's still a panning issue in the entire track. It's so far panned that there's literally nothing in the middle except for the weak mellotron choir sample. It sounds very fake, and just doesn't cut it. The distortion on the guitar at 0:53 is too much, and you should reduce it by about 5~10%. This amount sounds sharp and thin, and it's blurring the clarity of the notes. The kick is too weak as you heard from avaris, and should be louder. The hi hats are slightly too loud.

Edited by timaeus222