Available to Give Musical Help/Feedback to those who are interested

timaeus222

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be an expert in what I do (for example, I mix bass very safely), but I do really like my results, and it would be fun to have others share (at least in part) in the happiness I get when I finish mixing something. Obviously we're all bound to our preferences, but I just want to throw in the offer. I am not looking for work, but rather, making it known that I am available if someone needs the extra help.

(I meant to do this for a while now.)

I'm available to lend you my services and/or free feedback for any original song, original remix, or game remix.

If it's a private request, please PM me (such as a song from an original or ReMix album you haven't released yet, if that even applies), and if it's somewhere on the forum (like in the WIP area), please link it to me and I'll definitely be willing to help. Feedback will definitely be free, and services are most likely free depending on the difficulty of the request or the nature of the request (For legal reasons. i.e. if it's a game remix or "audition" remix, it's certainly free, and if it's an original song for a commercial album it would be nice to donate something, etc.). Donations in return would be much appreciated, 'cause college don't come cheap.

This might be an option if you:

• Are new to mixing
  • Know me already
  • Want to get to know me better
  • Would like some help or advice in general
  • Want to get suggestions for interesting reads or tutorials (i.e. soundonsound, zircon, etc.)

Depending on whether it's supposed to be a commercial or free track, we can settle on a reasonable price (unless you just want advice or feedback, in which case it's always free). Preferably, PM or email me if it is a commercial track (see the bottom of the page).

In my opinion, my mixing strengths are:

• Selecting effective sounds/instruments that appeal to as many people as possible to a reasonable extent
  • Sequencing a variety of instruments realistically to a reasonable extent (some more than others)
    • Examples include santoor, piano, electric guitar/bass, mallet-based instruments, and so on (the point is variety)

[*]Mixing midrange and treble to a reasonably clean extent

[*]Clear stereo image and clean stereo separation

[*]Tonal pleasantness (how pleasing or not-so-pleasing a sound could be perceived to some people's ears, in a general sense)

[*]Detecting harsh rogue frequencies (like piercing resonances near 16000Hz, for example. Anything you yourself can't hear or don't notice enough to be bothered by)

[*]Reverb selection and algorithmic creation (i.e. I sometimes create my own reverb patches from scratch if I have to)

How can I help you?

• Literally mixing from dry material
  • A polishing or a "final check" if you feel you need it
  • Apply only reverb to dry material that you deem to need special reverb or reverb you believe you might like better
  • De-cluttering a stereo image
  • Replace instruments that you want to be more realistic in terms of bit rate, sample quality, articulations, phrasing, etc.
  • Generic feedback/advice

As for credibility, here is my music portfolio (though first-hand experience is more definitive). It has my soundcloud and some of my works that are sufficiently demonstrative of how I prefer to mix/compose. If you want to see my taste in music to decide for yourself whether you believe I'm a fit for you or not, you can actually visit my soundcloud and look at what I reposted, and you can get a general idea.

If for any reason you decide to email me, please use my contact page. No one likes email spam (it's much harder to spam with the contact form :lol:). Or, you know, you could email me. My email's on there too. :P Also, please use a real email address if you do want me to be able to reply (don't you just hate that MAILER-DAEMON notice?). No actual information is saved to any database. The form is just to keep things consistent. There should be a rather large confirmation message after you press Submit on the contact form (or if you typoed out).

Edited by timaeus222