Final Fantasy VII Battle Theme

Ashtalon

I've only started getting into OCReMix in the last few days - I've been subscribed to the YouTube channel for a while but now I've started using the website and I love looking up fan remixes of games I've played. At the moment I'm playing through the Final Fantasy series in chronological order and I'm up to FFV, but I started playing because of the music and some of the first Final Fantasy music I listened to was from FFVII and Advent Children. So here's my ReMix of the Final Fantasy VII battle theme. I was thinking of submitting it formally but the only thing I'm not certain about is that the production on the track might not be good enough - I'm not really very experienced at mixing and mastering. But I'd love to get some feedback on this track and/or find out how to get a better overall sound.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnytnowzi04tnuu/13%20Final%20Fantasy%20VII%20Battle%20Remix%202.mp3

Here's the original (

) by Nobuo Uematsu if you'd like to listen to its original form. Edited by Ashtalon
fixed link

Well you certainly chose an iconic theme. Tough act to follow. Right off the bat I noticed that the guitar part kinda sticks out. I think if it was doubletrack and panned out it would sound better. Drums are pretty weak. Snare sounds like someone tapping on a door. Not sure if there is a bass guitar? The orchestral layers are overwhelming the rock parts. Nice guitar solo. At first I thought it was too close to the original, but you mixed it up later. So yeah, I think it has promise but you need to add balls to the rock aspect.