Fernando Vizcaino

http://ocremix.org/forums/member.php?u=29041

Información sobre el material enviado

Yoshi's Story

Yoshi's Road Home (Ending Theme)

Kazumi Totaka

Nintendo 64

-----------------------------------------------------------

The second half of the arrangement kicks things into gear in a much needed way, but I dunno if it's enough to make up for the conservative first half. The piano solo ending was also a little weak due to overall mediocre instrument quality throughout. I love the guitar sections and some of the ideas, but I would have liked to see that creativity across the track

NO (resubmit)

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

Agreed with Vinnie here, overall this needs a lot more in terms of arrangement. I think you're on the right track with the second half, though I think even then you could go further. Definitely consider doing some more with the harmonies and maybe splicing up the main melody a bit. I'd also definitely like to hear some sound upgrades. Piano is the biggest issue, but a lot of the synths felt pretty generic to me as well.

Hit up our WIP forums to get some more advice!

NO (resubmit)

I really enjoyed this, but there are a decent number of things preventing it from passing the bar.

The arrangement is really pleasant, and the sounds chosen are great. I think the sequencing on a lot of elements is pretty stiff and robotic, which could really benefit from some humanization. The piano and acoustic guitar would really benefit from it. I think some extra harmonies as suggested by DragonAvenger would really help.

Samplewise, I think the acoustic guitar is fine, and there piano is ok when layered with other elements, but the ending bit of the piano is too exposed for the quality of the sample.

The electric guitars and drums sounded nice, but when the lead got layered with a lot of flanging effects, the phase got massive and pushed hard on the compressor and the other elements, making the rest of the song sound super quiet during that part; that needs to be EQed a bit to fit in the soundscape.

Overall I really enjoyed this and feel you are on the right track, but just need to add a layer of final polish, and a bit more arrangement liberties before I can pass it.

No, please resubmit