EVIL RETURNS with BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume II!!

djpretzel

41889-1380448687.png

EVIL RETURNS with BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume II!!

October 1, 2013

FAIRFAX, VA... EVIL RETURNS!! OverClocked ReMix today released its 43rd arrangement album, BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume II. Directors David L. Puga & Pieter "pu_freak" van Os returned for this second volume of face-melting tributes to villains gamers love to hate. The album features 12 artists producing 14 malicious & aggressive arrangements of boss themes from a wide variety of games in foreboding styles and genres including metal, dark ambient, electronica, and rock.

BadAss: Volume II is available for free download at http://badass2.ocremix.org. This album series was made to show exactly how BadAss these antagonists are, and honor them with music befitting of their villainy. BadAss: Volume II was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by any of the publishers or developers of the original games; all original compositions are copyright their respective owners.

"As soon as we released Volume I, we went right to work on Volume II. The thing we wanted to do with this album was make it even meaner than the first; to make the hardest album on OCR yet," said album director David Puga, who now concludes his directoral duties with the BadAss series. "There will most likely be newer entries in the BA line, and I've no doubt they will be excellent. As for me, I couldn't have asked for a better album than this one here. Volume I had a few tracks that were meant as a respite from the onslaught of BadAssedness. You'll find none of that here, so abandon all hope... something something... OH! Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"

Twelve artists collaborated on musical tributes to some of gaming's biggest evildoers, including:

• Baby Bowser (Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island)
  • Robot Bosses (Sonic & Knuckles)
  • Teddy Bear (Splatterhouse 3)
  • The Combine (Half-Life 2 & Half-Life 2: Episode Two)
  • 0² (Kirby 64)
  • Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog 3)
  • Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & A Link to the Past)
  • Dr. Wily (Mega Man & Mega Man 3)
  • The Dark Legion (Doom Troopers)
  • The Syndicate (Streets of Rage 2)
  • The Magi (RosenkreuzStilette)
  • Ultimate Phalanx (Demon's Crest)
  • The Great Mighty Poo (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
  • Dr. Robotnik (Sonic the Hedgehog 2).

BadAss: Volume II is OC ReMix's third album angled toward video game villains, and the second completely focused on the dark side of gaming history, continuing down the road paved by the first volume of BadAss released in 2011.

"BadAss: Volume II is darker, grittier, and even more BadAss than the first volume was! The sometimes heroic vibe of the first volume is completely gone now. This is the darkest stuff you'll find on all of OCR!" said co-director Pieter van Os, who is also directing Volume III of the series. "As we did the first time around, David and I searched around to find the most twisted of artists to bring you the terror that is contained within BadAss 2. Ladies and gentlemen, from the deepest depths of hell, BadAss 2 will swallow you whole! Enjoy, but listen at your own risk…"

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###

Edited by Liontamer