Palpable

Remixer: bXmMusic

Name: Brandon McKagan

UID: 46081

Game: Super Mario Land (GB)

Arrangement: "Oh, Daisy!"

Original Composition: "Ruins" (

)

Comments: I've always loved this track and honestly it was a huge inspiration towards all my other metal pieces that I've wrote. Egyptian sounding almost while keeping a very groovy undertone. I re-wrote it as a metal song, and gave it more of a sturdy song structure and not being so repetitive as the original.

Edited by Palpable
closed

• 5 weeks later...

Brutal rendition of the track and it sounds really good from a metal standpoint, but the leads are buried under the sands of the sahara (meaning I can't hear them well enough at all).

The rhythm, bass, and drums are tight and punchy, and the arrangement additions are superb. I think it could use a bit of a solo and maybe a more defined ending, but the main thing is that the leads are not nearly prominent enough. Really really strong work otherwise that i'd love to hear a resub on.

No, please resubmit

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Andrew completely. Everything sounds great except the lead guitar, it's almost melted into the background. It needs to cut through, needs to be louder and eq'd carefully so it is distinguished from the backing guitars. You can also give the lead guitar's reverb a longer predelay (90ms or so). I also agree at least one solo section would be a fantastic addition, and the ending is really super sudden. I'd like to hear this again, though.

NO (resubmit)

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna go ahead and echo what Kris and Andrew have said before me and say yeah, definitely gotta get that lead guitar out there!

I'd also venture to say that your case will be helped with slightly less-mechanical drums, too, as it doesn't really sound like there's any humanization at all. Every kick sounds the same, every snare sounds the same, and you get the point. If the kit allows for some dynamics, by golly, go ahead and use those dynamics!

Finally, I'm personally not sold on the length of the song as it stands. That is to say, I think you could probably do more with it--it's a bit short. This part isn't necessarily a dealbreaker, but I was left feeling cut off at the end.

Hope to see this one back soon!

NO (resubmit)