FL Studio Re-amping

So, with a program like Reaper, I can hear the dry take by simply turning off the FX. What I want to know is how I can record just a dry guitar track, but hear the amp sim when I'm recording with FL Studio? No matter what I try it seems that FL Studio always records the sound after it has been processed by the amp sim.

So, with a program like Reaper, I can hear the dry take by simply turning off the FX. What I want to know is how I can record just a dry guitar track, but hear the amp sim when I'm recording with FL Studio? No matter what I try it seems that FL Studio always records the sound after it has been processed by the amp sim.

What amp sim are you using? If you're using a POD, you can run Gearbox or POD Farm outside of FL Studio (like I do) and route the sends to a mixer track in FL Studio. Send 3/4 is the dry signal. That way, you can hear the amp sim in monitoring as you track, but what's being recorded is dry guitar.

What you do is link the channel with the dry guitar track to another track (keeping it tracked to the master), then make sure that the dry guitar channel is set to record and that the amp channel isn't. That should be it.

I was sure I tried this several times and something always resulted in the amped sound being played back. Either way, I tried again and it works with no problem. Not sure wtf I could have possibly been doing wrong.

I was sure I tried this several times and something always resulted in the amped sound being played back. Either way, I tried again and it works with no problem. Not sure wtf I could have possibly been doing wrong.

You need to arm the dry guitar track for recording, let's call it Track 1. Your amp simulator will be on the other track, Track 2, and you will enable Track 1 to send to Track 2, and disable Track 1's send to the Master if you don't wish to hear it while you are playing.

You will end up hearing the amped guitar from Track 2, and Track 1 will be a(n essentially) muted dry guitar signal.

Now, arm Track 1 (the one you can't hear) for recording. The dry guitar signal will be recorded.

Here is a recording.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15510436/File%20Sharing/Dry_Guitar_in_FL.swf

EDIT: Oops, didn't see you got it. xD

Edited by Neblix