ACID PRO 6 -- Problems

I just upgraded to ACID Pro 6, but now I'm facing certain problems with stuff that used to work.

1. Hypersonic 2, and FM7 VSTi's no longer output sound. (It works, but it acts as if it's on mute. In HS2 however, the keyboard thingy is like...jammed. Can't press anything. I can use HS2 as a ReWire, but i find it a bit annoying to work with it that way.

2. Prosounds/DASHSig PS-1 (Performance synthesizer) works, but the sound is crackled, stuffed up. VU Peak meters clip 300+dB PAST the limit.

3. VST Plugins options listing pages auto refresh when I didn't press the refresh button. (I just go into it, then into next tab, it re-lists as if I pressed it! It takes AGES. >_<)

On the upside, this is definetly more innovative than the previous version. The implementation of layering crossfaded events, more control with automation in terms of MIDI/VSTi, Multichannel MIDI splitting (Though how to turn it off if i want it as one file like in version 5? Anyone know?), multitrack recording (Though i won't be able to use this anyway. soundcard doesn't exactly have that kind of ability.) and optimized performance. (ASIO low latency no longer crackles or lags as much.)

This is great stuff, but the leftover bugs kind of make me wonder if there's gonna be a patch NOW. (it just came out like last week)

ACID's been hella buggy for the past few revisions. A bunch of people have been having vst problems with it. When I tested the demo, I had 0 problems though. Sony tends to release their software when it should still be in beta getting the kinks out. It took a couple patches until Pro 5 was generally considered un-buggy. I'd say the first patch for 6 will be out in a month or so.

For your problems, I'd suggest posting in the sony media software or kvr forums. I think you, me, and DJ Zenith are the only ACID users around, and I don't think Zenith has played with 6 yet. I don't know the solution to your problems.

But yeah, Pro 6 is extremely hot. Love the workflow and the midi is actually really nice now. There are still some weird oversights like no freeze function, and no aux sending from busses (seriously...what were they thinking).

Did you get the boxed version? How is the Kompakt sampler and what are the samples it came with like? Mine is in the mail.