ZAMN stage 1 thingy

Nase

so i started this today...it's basically a long ass intro in Sabbath style, sorta. spent the whole evening getting the guitars right!

i stole the rainfall idea from Noppz' old ZAMN mix because it made everything more sabbathy.

working title 'Ozzy ate my Neighbors'. ;9 then again, it already looks like the main part will have nothing at all to do with the intro, lol.

stats.png

This has some really cool riffs in it and I like the way that it is going.

Couple of comments:

- The drums that you use are really good, they add a really nice Sabbath feel to it

- I am quite so-so on the rain effect. Especially at the start, it just sounds like a lot of recording hiss. I agree that it does add to the Black Sabbath feel but I do wonder if it is only because there is something else missing? (which leads me onto my my next point)

- I feel like the bass intro is a bit long. Perhaps you could help it by doubling the part quietly on a guitar to help reinforce it? (listen to 'Hand of Doom' on Paranoid to see what I mean). Alternatively a bit more rhythm or maybe some effects (like 'N.I.B') could help out? Otherwise, maybe even just cutting one repetition could help?

- The initial guitar part is great. Both in terms of tone and note choice it is really good. The second guitar that then comes on top of it is also really good. What I don't like is when the second guitar is left by itself for the next 20 seconds or so... it just doesn't seem to fit. It may sound better if you try to thicken that part of the arrangement up?

- I really dislike that organ tone. The organ is doing some great things at this point so I wouldn't cut it but you need to find a new organ tone ;)

- I like where the ending is going and I think that it could be really awesome. The bass in particular is rather good.

- You say that 'it already looks like the main part will have nothing at all to do with the intro'. That's alright! That only adds to the feel.

Hope this helps!

hey man!

i agree on pretty much all fronts. in fact, i was already planning to make the bass intro less boring, and extend the first guitar part so the 2nd isn't so exposed.

the rain will stay but i'm not that happy with the sample either. gotta find something smoother on youtube to sample from :)

the cheese organ... well, it's gonna be in there for sure as that's ZAMN to me, but i might replace it with something more hammondy when it first appears, and crank up the cheese levels later!

i was really just throwing in instruments after i did the laborious intro, nothing set in stone.

thanks for elaborate feedback, good sensibility!

ps: i'm going to need some laughing zombies soon, and i have no mic where i'm at. anyone feel like he can do a decent job on that? ;)

oh man, i just realised i gotta sample that laughter at the end of 'tell me people (am i going insane)'! perfect!! but i'll probably need more.

Edited by Nase